Donald L. Field, Jr.
Attorney at Law
601 Montgomery Street, Suite 1088
San Francisco, California 94111
Offering planning, implementation, advice and representation of taxpayers before federal and California courts and Agencies regarding income, franchise, sales, real property, estate and gift taxes since 1979
Federal government sources
- IRS Publication 1 - "Your Rights as a Taxpayer" can be obtained in PDF format at the Internal Revenue Service website.
- The Taxpayer Bill of Rights as passed by Congress can also be obtained in PDF format at the Internal Revenue Service website.
Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Innocent Spouse Relief from joint liability for taxes was broadened by the Reform Act of 1998.
IRS Publication 971
- The IRS Installment Agreement Request form can be used if you cannot pay your taxes in full, but can pay over time.
IRS Form 9495
- The IRS Offer in Compromise Request form can be used if you cannot pay your taxes (and penalties and interest) in full now or in the foreseeable future (and have no substantial net worth).
IRS Form 656
- If your return is audited the IRS Publication entitled Examination of Returns, Appeal Rights and Claims outlines procedures and your appeal rights.
IRS Publication 556
E-File online tax preparationFederal E-File
Other federal tax forms and publications can be obtained at the Internal Revenue Service website.